Skip to main content

5 Reasons I Love Walt Disney World....

5 Reasons I Love Walt Disney World More than Disneyland Resort

If you read my last post you saw the top 5 reasons I prefer to go to the West Coast if given a chance to choose.  Now, let me tell you the top 5 reasons I prefer the East Coast!

5.  Magic Bands.  The technology in these bands is amazing.  Not only can they be your room key, credit card, and Fast Pass, but they can be used to sprinkle little touches as you are on rides.  I'll never forget the first time we noticed this.  We were riding "it's a Small World" in the Magic Kingdom.  As we were leaving the tunnel, there was a sign that said "Adios..." then it listed all of our names.  At first we thought it strange that our names would be listed there, then kind of weird, then it clicked.  Were they using our Magic Bands?  They were, and we thought it was pretty cool!

4.  It's bigger!  Yes, I know that my number 4 on my Disneyland list was that it's smaller, but like I said, sometimes it's why you're going!  There's so much to do here that isn't available to do at Disneyland Resort.  This could honestly be #'s 6-50 if I really wanted to count it out.  There are water parks, golf courses, four theme parks, so many great restaurants at the incredible amount of resorts.  You can easily travel here for a week each year and find something new to do each time!

3.  Choice of onsite Disney properties to stay at.  We love to stay at different resorts each time we travel here.  The fact that there are more than 15 different onsite Disney resorts means we can continue to do this for quite some time.  Staying somewhere new each time means we get to experience new sights, new people, and I can share with others how that property is!  You could even spend an entire day (or two) simply taking the Disney transportation around from resort to resort and experiencing the activities and dining and shopping that each resort has to offer and enjoy a Disney Day without stepping foot into a theme park!

2.  Transportation.  Now Disneyland Resort doesn't need transportation between each park, so I'm not just referring to the free bus, boat, and monorail transportation that Walt Disney World provides between resort and theme parks.  I'm also referring to the free Disney's Magical Express service from Orlando International Airport (MCO) to a Disney Resort.  It's the easiest way to get from the airport to Walt Disney World, and back to the airport again!  They'll even take care of all of your luggage if you want them to.

1.  EPCOT and Disney's Animal Kingdom.  I feel like when I talk to people about their travels, these two parks are usually the ones people say they can skip or they'll only do half days at.  But for me, these parks are full days and sometimes even then I don't get what I want to from them.  To start with, EPCOT has an incredible World Showcase.  I'll admit it took me a couple visits to truly appreciate all that there is to offer out there.  To begin with, if it's a hot day, World Showcase will get quite warm.  So the first couple trips there we just rushed through because we were hot.  But when we were finally able to spend some quality time I was amazed at the beautiful shops, great food, and wonderful people who come from each country represented in World Showcase.  If you're looking for a great way for your child to get involved in World Showcase, each country has a Kidcot Fun Stop where they can complete an activity and collect a stamp from each country.  If you have an older kid or tween, find a more involved World Showcase Passport for them to use.  A great option is a friend's available on ETSY.   As for Animal Kingdom, first it has very emotional ties for me.  My kids adored this park when they were younger.  They were huge animal lovers when they were younger.  They still are, though their interests are more into roller coasters and food these days!  The entire concept of Animal Kingdom is amazing to me.  Taking care of animals with the Disney touch just brings tears to my eyes.  My son wanted to be a zookeeper for years when he was younger and I'll never forget the second time he was at Animal Kingdom.  He was 5 and he was so excited and couldn't wait for the day he could work there!  It's these emotional memories that stay with me and hit me the hardest when I'm looking at a picture or when I'm walking around a Park!  Second, it has Expedition Everest!  One of my absolute favorite roller coasters of all times!

So, as I've mentioned - each Coast has its advantages to travel to.  And after you travel to each one you'll have your own top list!  I'd love to hear your story!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Made An Easy Version of Crystal Palace's Breakfast Lasagna

I've enjoyed spending some time during these months of stay at home orders finding fun Disney recipes and making them at home to enjoy!   This Breakfast Lasagna from the Crystal Palace at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom was my biggest challenge to date.  I found this recipe from food.com which appeared to be the most accurate reproduction based on comments so I thought I'd use this as my starting point.  It was a little intimidating at first glance, but then I figured I could tweak it a little bit.  I really didn't want to make homemade everything! First I chose to skip the pancakes and just use two layers of waffles.  Then, because my husband is the waffle maker and I'm not, I elected to use frozen waffles instead of making those from scratch. I bought pre-made pound cake instead of making it from scratch. But I did use the recipe listed for custard and pastry cream.  I started making those on a Friday afternoon so they could refrigerate overnight.   The next mo

Make Your Own Autograph Book

I have a confession.  I've never purchased an autograph book when I traveled to Disney.  I know there are a lot of options when it comes to buying a pre-made autograph book...you can get so many different kinds; Princess versions, Fab Five versions, Pixar versions....so why did I make my own each time we traveled?  The short answer: I never wanted to run out of an autograph page!  I always had this horror that if I bought a pre-made autograph book that I would be standing in line with one of my kids to get an autograph of a character and we'd be flipping through the book and we'd find we had no more pages for someone to autograph!  That's really the only reason.  Those pre-made ones are gorgeous and super easy, and in a pinch I would have totally grabbed one to use.   But, if you have a few extra minutes before a trip, you can easily make your own with some card stock, a paper cutter, and a small 4x6 photo album from the store.  I purchased my albums from Michaels, but

"To All That Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!"

Don't you love that quote by Walt Disney "To all that come to this Happy Place, Welcome!".  What a beautiful way of welcoming people to Disneyland - or to my little corner of the web world!  My name is Jlynn and I love to talk to others about #allthingDisney!  Whether that's the recent thing you saw on Disney+, your recent trip to one of the Parks, an upcoming Disney Cruise, or simply a fun Disney craft you made! I've always enjoyed sprinkling a little Disney Magic into my family's life over the years.  Now let me sprinkle a little Disney Magic into yours. I am a Magical Agent with Magical Vacations LLC .  I have been blessed to be able to take my LOVE of all things Disney and use it to help YOU find your own love of Disney.  Not only Disney, but Universal as well.  In 2016 my kids convinced me to add Universal onto a trip to Orlando.  I hadn't expected to enjoy it quite as much as I did, but we all absolutely loved it!  Each of these locations h