Skip to main content

5 Reasons I Love Disneyland Resort...

5 Reasons I Love Disneyland Resort More than Walt Disney World

Ok, let me start this off by first saying I love them both!  But, there are significant differences to them.  If you've never been to either, and you're trying to decide which Coast is the right Coast for you on your first trip, I can't make that decision for you.  I can, however, outline what I like most about each of the two locations.  So, here goes...

5. Disney MaxPass.  I absolutely love Disneyland Resort's MaxPass system!  It takes what I loved about the old paper system (getting them day of) and combines it with what I LOVE about the Magic Bands at Walt Disney World - technology.  The MaxPass system allows you to use your phone to make a same day Fast Pass, to redeem said Fast Pass, and to also get all of your PhotoPass downloads for the day you've purchased it for.   With MaxPass you can easily make your Fast Passes the moment you walk into the Park and continue to check for availability and make more reservations throughout the day!

4. It's smaller.  While I love all that Walt Disney World has to offer, there are times that I just don't have that many days to devote to a vacation.  With teenagers that I can no longer pull from school for a week (Yes, I was that Mom), I cannot devote an entire week to Walt Disney World in the middle of February when the crowd levels might be lower.  Disneyland Resort can be done in fewer days.  The amount of days depends on the amount of people you have with you, whether you've been before, the ages of the people, and how much you want to move.  We've had trips where we've had 2 days, 3 days, and a day and a half!  Each one I felt like we were able to get what we wanted to out of the trip because of who we were with.

3.  Unique rides.  Yes, there are different rides!  Some of the rides are the same.  Some of these same rides are even slightly different.  Pirates of the Caribbean is one of these rides.  While it's practically the same experience, the one in Disneyland just seems to me to be a more unique experience.  Perhaps it's because you start the ride out by floating past the Blue Bayou, another one of my favorites!  The Blue Bayou - where you can enjoy a meal and watch the boats float by.  Space Mountain is a second of these rides.  I am not a fan of the ride in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.  I think the reason is because of the way you have to sit in the cars.  However, the cars at Disneyland are an easier ride for this middle aged lady and therefore I enjoy it so much more!  You also have Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, The Disneyland Story Presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Matterhorn Bobsleds, and of course one of my favorites - you still have Mickey's Toon Town!    They've also taken my absolute favorite ride, Tower of Terror, and converted it to a Guardians of the Galaxy theme - which has made this ride even more exciting and has taken this ride to a level on my favorites scale that can't be measured on a scale of 1-10!  Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout.

2. World of Color.  An incredible nighttime show at Disney's California Adventure!  I'm not one to usually watch nighttime shows.  I usually am either back at the room resting or utilizing the time that everyone else is watching so I can have lower wait times!  But World of Color is beautiful and not to be missed!

1.  Walt Disney.  This is where the Magic began.  This is where Walt Disney was.  Yes Walt Disney started the vision for Walt Disney World in Florida, but he unfortunately was not alive when it was finally opened.  Traveling to California is usually a more nostalgic trip for me.  On my next trip I want to take the "Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps" Guided Tour.

Again, I love them both.  But each one holds a special place in my heart for different reasons.  I want to go to each Coast to experience something different.  So maybe this list gives you a small glimpse into what Disneyland Resort has to offer than Walt Disney World does not.  Next up - Why I personally love Walt Disney World more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Made An Easy Version of Crystal Palace's Breakfast Lasagna

I've enjoyed spending some time during these months of stay at home orders finding fun Disney recipes and making them at home to enjoy!   This Breakfast Lasagna from the Crystal Palace at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom was my biggest challenge to date.  I found this recipe from food.com which appeared to be the most accurate reproduction based on comments so I thought I'd use this as my starting point.  It was a little intimidating at first glance, but then I figured I could tweak it a little bit.  I really didn't want to make homemade everything! First I chose to skip the pancakes and just use two layers of waffles.  Then, because my husband is the waffle maker and I'm not, I elected to use frozen waffles instead of making those from scratch. I bought pre-made pound cake instead of making it from scratch. But I did use the recipe listed for custard and pastry cream.  I started making those on a Friday afternoon so they could refrigerate overnight.   The next mo

Make Your Own Autograph Book

I have a confession.  I've never purchased an autograph book when I traveled to Disney.  I know there are a lot of options when it comes to buying a pre-made autograph book...you can get so many different kinds; Princess versions, Fab Five versions, Pixar versions....so why did I make my own each time we traveled?  The short answer: I never wanted to run out of an autograph page!  I always had this horror that if I bought a pre-made autograph book that I would be standing in line with one of my kids to get an autograph of a character and we'd be flipping through the book and we'd find we had no more pages for someone to autograph!  That's really the only reason.  Those pre-made ones are gorgeous and super easy, and in a pinch I would have totally grabbed one to use.   But, if you have a few extra minutes before a trip, you can easily make your own with some card stock, a paper cutter, and a small 4x6 photo album from the store.  I purchased my albums from Michaels, but

"To All That Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!"

Don't you love that quote by Walt Disney "To all that come to this Happy Place, Welcome!".  What a beautiful way of welcoming people to Disneyland - or to my little corner of the web world!  My name is Jlynn and I love to talk to others about #allthingDisney!  Whether that's the recent thing you saw on Disney+, your recent trip to one of the Parks, an upcoming Disney Cruise, or simply a fun Disney craft you made! I've always enjoyed sprinkling a little Disney Magic into my family's life over the years.  Now let me sprinkle a little Disney Magic into yours. I am a Magical Agent with Magical Vacations LLC .  I have been blessed to be able to take my LOVE of all things Disney and use it to help YOU find your own love of Disney.  Not only Disney, but Universal as well.  In 2016 my kids convinced me to add Universal onto a trip to Orlando.  I hadn't expected to enjoy it quite as much as I did, but we all absolutely loved it!  Each of these locations h